Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia has set up Global Talents initiative. The Fashion Week calls out for emerging designers from all over the world to apply for free-of-charge participation in the catwalk schedule at Global Talents. There are 10 places available. Winners will get individual fashion show time at the main Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia catwalk program along with organizational and logistics support.
MBFW Russia dates are October 15 to 19, 2019. Application is open through August 25, 2019. All applications will be reviewed by international advisory board, representing top fashion figures from Russia, Italy, Japan, Spain etc.
Global Talents Advisory Board:
- Olga Mikhailovskaya (Head of Global Talents Program at Russian Fashion Council, Contributing Fashion Feature Editor at Vogue Russia, Founder of Telegram Front Fashion Channel, Founder of Front Fashion School, Russia);
- Sara Sozzani Maino (Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italy, Head of Vogue Talents, International Brand Ambassador at Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, Italy);
- Jan-Michael Quammie (Fashion Curator, Stylist and Creative Director, worked with Highsnobiety, Material Magazine, Instyle Germany, MyTheresa, Net-a-Porter, etc., New York native, worked in Shanghai, based in Germany);
- Eduardo García (Founder of F*cking Young Magazine, Spain);
- Kazuma Mori (Owner of Bunker Tokyo Store and Riverhead showroom at Harajuku District, Japan), and others.
"Russia had become famous for its vibrating young fashion scene. Moscow is the best place to see new talents from nearby countries as well. We intend to discover more global talents from all over the world. The inaugural Global Talents program resulted in presentation of 10 designer collections from 8 countries - Italy, Georgia, Peru, Great Britain, Switzerland, Latvia, Bangladesh, and Russia, more than 300 publications in media globally, more than 7,000 guests at the shows," said Alexander Shumsky, President of Russian Fashion Council and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia.
Designers of Global Talents program in March 2019 were featured in Harper's Bazaar Russia, I-D, Elle UK, AnOther Magazine, Grazia Russia, Vanity Fair Italy, Marie Claire Russia, W Korea, Euronews, Grazia Italy, Telegraph, Elle China, Glamour Italy etc.
Global Talents is an initiative of the Russian Fashion Council, held for the second time. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia will give emerging talents a unique opportunity to show their collections on the catwalk to international experts and media, with worldwide internet broadcasting (over 1M unique viewers).
Eligible designers should have at least 2-years' experience of operation; at least 3 fully produced collections; a collection presentation; a collection of at least 25 looks in the relevant season (Spring/Summer 2020). MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM: http://russianfashioncouncil.ru/en/global-talents MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK RUSSIA
The Russian Fashion Council runs Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia, the biggest and most widely media-covered fashion event in Russia and Eastern Europe. The Fashion Week takes place in Moscow twice a year in March and October since 2000, each time showcasing over 150 designers. Every season, MBFW Russia is attended by over 55,000 guests, including thousands of buyers, journalists and industry experts. More than 1,000,000 viewers follow live streaming videos of Moscow-based fashion shows on the Internet through hundreds of websites and media channels.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia is a gateway for Russian talents to global markets and for international designers to the local market, as well. Check the website of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia – http://mercedesbenzfashionweek.ru/en/