This season 6 winners have been selected by Global Talents advisory board. From March 31 to April 4, new collections by young designers will be shown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia's catwalks. Global Talents is an international initiative set up by Russian Fashion Council and focused on scouting for young and talented designers from all over the world.
"There are plenty of opportunities for emerging designers these days. However, taking part in fashion weeks is very important, as it is a possibility to fully present yourself. Global Talents in Moscow is a very significant project of Russian Fashion Council, which gives emerging talents from all overt the world the chance to show and gain the attention of media and buyers", says Sara Sozzani Maino, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italy, Head of Vogue Talents, International Brand Ambassador at Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, Italy.
After considering 146 entries from 48 countries, the international advisory board chose 6 designers: MARCO
(South Korea); RURIBES
and Katie Ann McGuigan
(UK); Chelsea Grays
The advisory board included: Olga Mikhailovskaya
- Head of Global Talents Program at Russian Fashion Council, Contributing Fashion Feature Editor at Vogue Russia, Founder of Telegram Front Fashion Channel, Founder of Front Fashion School, Russia; Sara Sozzani Maino
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italy, Head of Vogue Talents, International Brand Ambassador at Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, Italy; Sarah Gresty
- BA Fashion Course Leader, University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins College of Arts & Design, UK; Mobolaji Dawodu
- Man of the world and the fashion director of GQ and GQ Style, stylist of a number of the world's most notable figures, including Brad Pitt, Pharrell Williams, Al Pacino, Jennifer Lopez, Jared Leto, and many others, costume designer on numerous feature films and ad campaigns, a consultant for menswear at Missoni, USA; Kazuma Mori
- Owner of Bunker Tokyo Store and Riverhead showroom at Harajuku District, Japan; Eduardo García
- Founder of F*cking Young Magazine, Spain; Rose Langenbein
- Styling Director, Mytheresa, Germany; Elena Pyatibratova
- Сreative director at Aizel.ru, Russia; Harriet Verney
- Editor LOVE magazine, UK; Stephan Rabimov
- Award winning American journalist, fashion critic, and emerging markets expert. Rabimov columns have appeared on The Huffington Post, Forbes, BuzzFeed, Haute Living, and Observer, USA.
Altogether, during this season Global Talents received 146 entries from designers based in 48 countries: Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, the RSA, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA and Vietnam.
In October 2019, Global Talents were covered by major publications across the globe, including Yahoo USA, Vogue Italy, Forbes USA, The Telegraph UK, The Irish Times Ireland, I-D UK, Elle Spain, Hypebeast China, LOVE Magazine UK, Who What Wear UK, WWD China, Grazia China, The Zoe Report USA, Journal des femmes France, Weekend Knack Belgium, F*cking Young Spain, Scandinavian Man Sweden, METAL Magazine Spain, Joys Magazine Italy, VEIN Spain, Glamour Russia, Cosmopolitan Russia, Harper's Bazaar Russia, InStyle Russia and many more.
Global Talents initiative is arranged by Russian Fashion Council with support of Fashion Fund. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia is the world's first fashion week, bringing together designers from across the globe for their debut shows.
To see the last season's winners' lookbook, please, follow: https://yadi.sk/d/5LNHO5HcXcFekg